Advertisement

Appalachian Country Folks Sing In Their Car - So Beautiful

Appalachian Country Folks Sing In Their Car -  So Beautiful If you would like to see the entire film–Bluegrass Roots, go here Bascom Lamar Lunsford founded the first Bluegrass/Country Music/Mountain Music Festival in 1929 in Asheville North Carolina. Way back in 1965, I was making my first major documentary and I got the opportunity to spend 6 weeks with him and his wife Freda driving around the mountain peaks and valleys mostly in Madison County. I saw wonderful people who had a incredible appreciation for and an ability to perform mountain music songs, clog dancing, storytelling, and more. The camera weighed 49 pounds, the audio recorder 27 pounds. I had never used a camera before but I had come to record something I loved listening on the radio as a boy growing up in Long Island New York, now being performed with such incredible skill right front of my eyes (and camera). The film is now a classic. Not only for the music and the dance but the informal and yet quite formal ways these people had of speaking to one another. True American history.

Bascom Lamar Lunsford,Country Music,David Hoffman,Bluegrass Roots,Mountain Music Festival,Asheville North Carolina,Madison County,wonderful people,documentary,Bluegrass music,Mountain music,clog dancing,blue ridge mountains,Blue Ridge Mountain blues,Appalachia,Appalachian music,Southern music,Mars Hill North Carolina,North Carolina history,music makers of the blue ridge,Appalachian Mountains,music documentary,

Post a Comment

0 Comments