Advertisement

Fluid Acrylics Pouring A colorful Abstract Spiral, #4235 w-1.30.19

Fluid Acrylics Pouring A colorful Abstract Spiral, #4235 w-1.30.19 To Receive Notifications click the bell near subscribe. Your thumbs up are immensely appreciated! If you appreciate my art, the processes or my efforts in general. Artworks are all for sale by request, inquiries welcomed.
To shop materials without any additional cost to you available visit


Please assist me to continue making video tutorials and buy supplies by contributing here

Artworks are all for sale, inquiries welcomed.

To donate to help the studio/be a Patron go here
This helps make my studio usable for an indoor working/teaching/gallery space.

I am using a 14"x14" stretched canvas. I have a small silicone container that many colors have been added to from colors that were pre-mixed with additives to help the paint flow and spread more easily. I add some white black and purple to the canvas and use the large silicone spatula to swipe it into place all to create a background and cover the canvas before I add a swirl of paint dumped from the container and then I tip the canvas in multiple directions to move the flowing paint where I want it to go. I use a bamboo skewer to blend and manipulate the paint and cover the edges of the canvas. I continue to add lots more paint to the composition where I want it from the squeeze bottles. I use my no.1 silicone spatula with the flat front to drag paint into place. I continue until I feel I have reached the end of this stage.
My "pouring" mixture or "recipe" is simple- and starts with 2 parts(estimated) Gac 800 from "Golden "
added into any acrylic paint color 8 parts, (amounts are always estimated) This starts the mixing process. Mix the paint and Gac thoroughly. Next, I add my mixed Floetrol and (half )Deco Art pouring medium. (shake it first every time! )The truth is lately that's my go-to. I add the same (or more) ounces as the first two ingredients and mix everything thoroughly. The consistency is usually medium body weight but other weights are usable with minor adjustments.
To mix, if you use squeeze bottles as I do, add a marble and shake your paints every time before you use them. All my acrylic paints are mixed in advance and contained and stored in squeeze bottles. If you are not using squeeze bottles I suggest using a container that has a lid. I have often used the 4oz size plastic deli containers and the paint keeps for a long time in them but you still will have to stir before using the mix again because the Floetrol and other flow agents will rise to the top between uses. None of my acrylic paint has any added silicon. To create the pearlescent effects seen in most of my artworks I use "Golden's" Iridescent pearl "Fine" added to colors. By "eye " until I am pleased with what I see.
Every day I learn new things. I will never stop experimenting and I am happy to share what I discover with you. To see finished wet and dry versions of all my Youtube demonstration artworks for sale visit my Expressionist Art Studio Gallery Fb albums linked below
# wet.shown in this video
Vol. one -
Vol.Two-
Find me on Instagram


fluidacrylicpouring,fluid acrylic pouring technique,fluid acrylic pouring,fluid acrylic pouring tutorial,fluid painting acrylic pouring,priscilla batzell,expressionist,expressionist art studio,expressionist art studio gallery priscilla batzell,fluid acrylic spiral,

Post a Comment

0 Comments