Advertisement

Won't Be Long - Ruby Johnson, "I'll Run Your Hurt Away"

Won't Be Long - Ruby Johnson, Ruby Johnson – I'll Run Your Hurt Away Audio CD Release Date: January 25, 1993
Between 1966 and 1967, singer Ruby Johnson cut more than two dozen R&B sides for Stax/Volt; for whatever reason, the label released only three singles before dropping Johnson from its roster. Twenty of those songs comprise I'll Run Your Hurt Away, a collection of should-have-been hits from this powerful voice. While Johnson recorded a few pop standards like Aretha Franklin's "Won't Be Long" and Ben E. King's "Don't Play That Song (You Lied)," the majority of her songs were composed by Stax in-house musicians and writers. All told, there's not a weak song here; Johnson is a great soul singer who deserved far better.
Tracklist:
1. I'll Run Your Hurt Away
2. What More Can A Woman Do
3. Won't Be Long
4. The Love Of My Man
5. Why Not Give Me A Chance
6. It's Not That Easy
7. Don't Play That Song (You Lied)
8. Come To Me My Darling
9. It's Better To Give Than To Receive
10. Keep On Keeping On
11. How Strong Is My Love
12. Need Your Love So Bad
13. Come To Me My Darling Reprise
14. Left Over Love
15. I'd Better Check On Myself
16. I'd Rather Fight Than Switch
17. No No No
18. If I Ever Needed Love (I Sure Do Need It Now)
19. When My Love Comes Down
20. Weak Spot
DISCLAIMER:
Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism,comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship,and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.

Ruby Johnson,I'll Run Your Hurt Away,r&b,soul music,live music,rhythm and blues,blues,jazz,Soul,Funky,Groove,Blues,Jazz,Disco,Easy Listening,Smooth Jazz,soul,groovy music,easy listening,smooth jazz,Soul Blues,R&B,rock & roll,Doo Wop,Won't Be Long,

Post a Comment

0 Comments