Advertisement

John Jani Janardhan performed by Tabla for Two

John Jani Janardhan performed by Tabla for Two Tabla for Two performing:

“John Jani Janardhan”

Second recording in our November 2019 series

Originally sung by the beloved, legendary Mohammed Rafi (1924-1980)

Amitabh Bachchan, Rishi Kapoor, and Hema Malini in the hit song from Naseeb (1981)

Lyrics:
John Jani Janardan
Ta ra ram pam pam pam pam
John Jani Janardan
Ta ra ram pam pam pam pam
My boss is calling me
So here I come
I'm a friend to my friends
And an enemy to my enemies
Give a punch

John Jani Janardan
John Jani Janardan
My boss is calling me
So here I come
I'm a friend to my friends
And an enemy to my enemies
Give a punch

John Jani Janardan
Ta ra ram pam pam pam pam
John Jani Janardan
Ta ra ram pam pam pam pam

All these film stars
All these film stars
They're like shining stars
They entertain everyone
And I'll entertain them
They entertain everyone
And I'll entertain them
I stumbled across the heroine
That made the hero angry
I'm a friend to my friends
And an enemy to my enemies
Don't give me a punch

John Jani Janardan
Ta ra ram pam pam pam pam
John Jani Janardan
Ta ra ram pam pam pam pam

Be it Indian or foreign
I've seen all the movies
Be it Indian or foreign
I've seen all the movies
After seeing every movie I thought that
Even I'll become an actor
After seeing every movie I thought that
Even I'll become an actor
But destiny took a turn
And brought me to a hotel
I'm a friend to my friends
And an enemy to my enemies
Give a punch

John Jani Janardan
Ta ra ram pam pam pam pam
John Jani Janardan
Ta ra ram pam pam pam pam

This performance and arrangement by:
Masood Omari singing and playing tabla at the same time
Abigail Adams Greenway playing harmonium

This is a live performance recorded and edited by Conrad Osipowicz at Blue Room Productions (Bethesda, MD)
4th camera: Julie Feinsilver

Playing for Peace


SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel to keep up with our latest music!

Tabla for Two
Playing for Peace

Tabla for Two was formed in 2012 when Abigail Adams Greenway and Masood Omari met in the Zamani House of Heritage, an Afghan textile showroom in Washington, DC. They formed a musical partnership after Abigail studied tabla with Masood. She totally immersed herself in her tabla studies to the extent that she left aside her career as a visual artist. Later she learned to play the harmonium as a natural development of her classical Indian music studies. Inspired by someone who could keep the beat to accompany his musical travels, Masood began composing new music for two tabla players, particularly including one (Abigail) playing the three daya. Utilizing the classical structure, Masood has written modern tabla compositions that are mesmerizing. Tabla For Two represents the best in East-West cooperation.

If you like what you see & hear, please share our music with your friends & family and spread the PEACE!

Visit our website at

Follow us on Facebook at

Subscribe to our YouTube Channel at

Dadra,Tabla (Musical Instrument),World Music (Musical Genre),Drums (Musical Instrument),classical tabla,eastern classical,afghani music,indian music,pakistani music,eastern drums,Meditation Music (Musical Genre),meditation drumming,high meditation music,Trance Music (Musical Genre),Masood Omari,Abigail Adams,Abigail Greenway,Abigail Adams Greenway,Afghanistan (Country),dayan,

Post a Comment

0 Comments