Advertisement

EMPTY STATE OF MIND | DarrenDaGreat ORIGINAL RAP SONG [OFFICIAL VIDEO]

EMPTY STATE OF MIND | DarrenDaGreat ORIGINAL RAP SONG [OFFICIAL VIDEO] DarrenDaGreat's debut rap single called "Empty State of Mind". The verses reflect the anxiety students face, but the chorus and subsequent parts portray how school and friends may help alleviate the suffering that pervades our lives. Overall, the song is a beautiful piece that also sheds light on the situation of students in schools today.

Please do consider subscribing and leaving a thumbs up if you enjoyed the video!
Follow Darren on Insta: @darrendagreat1233
Beat: Frontline (Prod. Yung Kartz)



CREDITS

Featuring Darren Ho in the rap video;
Justin Teng as the cameraman and editor;
Jonathan Tan as the songwriter and lyrics editor;
Zhang Ziyan as treasurer;
Bryan Cheow as financial manager;
Timothy Lam as marketing manager,
Felix Lee as publicity manager;
Aditya as graphic designer.

A special thanks to all my paying patrons who have made this video possible:
1. Duncan
2. Tim Chia
3. Axxel
4. Gabriel
5. Ben
6. Malcolm
7. Javier
8. Russell Choy
9. Neville
10. Ryan Quek
11. Edmund
12. George
13. Jimin
14. Keith
15. Jixiang
16. QiRui
17. Ian
18. Winston
19. Jon Foo
20. Ignatius
21. Alldon


OFFICIAL LYRICS

Have you ever felt like there was no one to help you,
Guide you, teach you, show you, protect you,
Absolutely awful, get locked away in a cage,
Dread the heavy hand that comes with every flip of textbook page
Throwing all its rocks at you, yea, no one there for you,
Making you feel like a dry old number two,
And you could only hope that it will go away,
But the dreaded pain will always yearn to stay,
Deadlines approaching, faster than my dead lines,
Being forced to comply with super strict guidelines.
In choir I’m scoreless in class I lose to scholars
When will this nonsense end? I too am clueless.
Yikes, this procrastination spree fills me with anxiety
My inner self trying to find the keys to be free from this monstrosity
That we embrace as life, inner strife, cold dive
Into waters of the unknown, see you on the other side.

Beyond the sheets of curtains, my problems are defined
Cause i think of school when in an empty state of mind
In the MT state of mind, I’ll be right there with my kind
Call me MC MT cause I light up your mind.
Just like my bars your life is now refined,
Gave you a new lease of life, try not to fall behind.
Yea, yea, I’m stacking all those Ws,
Cause when you play by the rules, you can never ever lose.

I got all the friends I could ever ever need,
Got so many following I spend hours on my Insta feed,
Cause school is for every little single boy and girl,
Transcending time and space to be a commodity aCross-Worlds,
Entering the Bio Lab to experiment with shake-spheres
Spear-heading discussions on the Earth’s hidden Hemis-fear!
And I’m enjoying myself thoroughly, what even,
My rhymes exploding faster than a Samsung Note 7!
Cause with my friends at my side I have no one to blame,
Bars so hot I spit January Ember flames
Yo I’m DarrenDaGreat, remember the name
I'll always be here forever, changing the game
In fact, grinding MLBB with my friends all day long
Has kept me going to write this rap song.
Rippling through the community like a raindrop on water
Haters of the industry I'm out see you later

Beyond the sheets of curtains, my problems are defined
Cause i think of school when in an empty state of mind
In the MT state of mind, I’ll be right there with my kind,
Call me MC MT cause I light up your mind.
Time to diss, shoot to miss, using kinesis on your sis,
With scratches on your cuisse, cheese is swiss, deep abyss,
And check this, nothing amiss, enter bliss, reminisce
All the good times, at your fingertips, with a kiss on your lips.

Blistering barnacles I can feel it coming
Speed of light, supersonic hedgehog sonic dashing
Oh dear, incoming, T-minus 5 seconds,
Here it is -
Uh, sama lamaa duma lamaa you assuming I'm a human what I gotta do to get it through to you I'm superhuman
Innovative and I'm made of rubber so that anything you say is ricocheting off of me and it'll glue to you
I'm never stating, more than ever demonstrating How to give a super duper audience a feeling like it's levitating
Never fading, and I know the haters are forever waiting for the day that they can say I fell off, they'd be celebrating
Bring the pain, no pain no gain
Damn this rap just showed that my flow’s insane
At least better than some random dude named Logan Paul
Yea, school is cool, don’t be a fool, stay in school y'all!
Peace

(Disclaimer: The last verse features parody pieces of Eminem's "Rap God")

rap,song,rapsong,music,

Post a Comment

0 Comments