Advertisement

Being CEO of a startup involves some changes to your personal habits

Being CEO of a startup involves some changes to your personal habits We're often trained from a young age out of being pushy, not to complain and not to repeatedly bother people. But as CEO of a startup, if you are like that you are going to have to change in order to be involved with the sales process, as sales is about polite but determined and often repeated engagement with potential customers (amongst many other things). It's a tricky balancing act.

This does, however, have beneficial knock-on effects. For example, I bugged LinkedIn legal daily for two weeks to get permission to use their trademark in my book title this month. A year ago I would still be waiting politely after half a year for a reply to my first email.

(In this video I do one thing wrong - I say sorry in the middle for no good reason. It's hard to overcome cultural training though. After all, in England people apologize to _you_ when _you_ step on their toes.)

My book, How to Build a Personal Brand on LinkedIn:
for the US
for the UK

entrepreneurship,ceo,startuplife,balance,booklaunch,

Post a Comment

0 Comments