Advertisement

Act of Contrition in Latin - Actus Contritionis

Act of Contrition in Latin - Actus Contritionis Below is a literal English translation (i.e. about as literally render while maintaining the sense). I do not suggest you use my translation in the confessional; I have provided it for those interested in following the Latin (almost) word for word.

O my God, from the depths of my heart I repent of all my sins; and these [my sins] I hate, because by sinning, not only the punishment by Thee justly appointed have I deserved, but especially because I have offended Thee: Thou Who art the Highest Good and worthy to be loved above all things. Therefore I do firmly resolve, with the help of Thy grace, that henceforth I will sin no more and flee the near occasions of sin. Amen.

Tradtional Catholic,SSPX,

Post a Comment

0 Comments