Advertisement

Minecraft for Insomniacs - 01x40 || Mars Outpost One || Move Launch Pad Access

Minecraft for Insomniacs - 01x40 || Mars Outpost One || Move Launch Pad Access Hello, and welcome to Minecraft for Insomniacs.

This series is a weekly one-hour video diary that documents my incremental and cumulative advancement in one or more Minecraft maps.

:::: IN THIS EPISODE ::::

Now that I have an idea of the size of the gantry and service structure, I need to move the launch pad access tunnel to the adjacent side of the building. I move the old structure up in the air, in case I change my mind or else want to borrow those designs, later on.

But first, I take the time to fly around the work done so far on the gantry. Red stained clay will be the block for the superstructure. I probably need to re-design those slime block bumpers that keep the gantry from bumping into the rocket. I don't think they allow enough clearance for the transfer tube to move forward and dock with the ship.

You will notice some dotted lines of red wool in the gantry structure. Part of that is to indicate that my aim is to design a system where two vehicles deliver the rocket to the launch pad, in tandem. That idea may or may not survive, but I'm gonna give it a shot. Also, the support structure is meant to deliver the rocket on its side and then raise it upright once it reaches the launch pad.

Why does the gantry vehicle seem to wrap around the edge of the launch pad? Because the idea is that it will "grasp" the deck of the launch pad to help anchor it in place and provide leverage to raise the rocket. Cool stuff, if it works out!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::

Welcome to my channel and welcome to this series. I hope you enjoy it and thanks for watching!

minecraft,ambient,low-key,quiet,

Post a Comment

0 Comments